Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Taking it easy

Tonight was the first day of an introductory class that will last the remainder of the week...including Saturday. Saturday afternoon should be reserved for time spent at the pub. It's the only time for relaxation. Why must I bother with a class that won't even result in a grade? It's nonsense, but what are you gonna do? Today we learned how to start thinking like a lawyer. The professors do nothing but ask questions. I've yet to hear a statement other than being told that we should be proud of our gift of intellect that landed us here in the first place. I think they're just building us up now so when they strike us down later, we'll feel like a bunch of retards. Most people seem completely lost...and it's only the first day. There are those quick to act like champions shouting out answers to all of the professors' questions, but none of them are ever right. I'll wait my turn until I know I'll sound at least somewhat intelligent.<--That could be a long while.

Luckily, they're refraining from torturing us with the Socratic teaching method until we start our real course of study. I'll elaborate on this method some more once I experience the pain first-hand. It's past midnight and I still have 20 pages to go. It'll take awhile. This isn't a Harry Potter novel. I think I read more sentences from the dictionary than what is contained in the actual cases. A couple more hours of reading and then I'll hit the sack so I can make it up for work in the morning.

No comments: