Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Signs of recovery

I don't have much to say about school today, other than it's time to dive into the casebooks...again. I do, however, have a few random observations to chit-chat about. As I was leaving the law school facilities this evening, I noticed two dudes sitting at a table with green vests on. I've noticed this on a few different occasions, but I never really paid it that much attention. Apparently, these guys are called law walkers. Now, just what is that? Well, after a little research I discovered this is a service of the university that provides complimentary "walks" to your vehicle. This is to provide, mainly the chicks, some safety walking back to their vehicles. I guess you never know if you're about to get shot and mugged in this city. It's not a bad idea being that even the 15 year-olds pack heat around here. In the news yesterday was a story about some young punks, referred to as the bicycle bandits, riding around on bikes looking for unlocked cars. On a few occasions, concerned motorists have stopped to confront them only to find out that they won't hesitate pop a cap (or several) in your fender. They have yet to be caught. On another note, I think we had 3 murders here yesterday. I'm sure that's well below the average, but nonetheless it's still a concern. I gotta cut it short to finish up my studies for the evening and get some rest.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Retainer Wall says Black Beauty is welcome to come back and visit anytime...

In Debt I am said...

I'm not too sure that the feeling is mutual.