Friday, August 17, 2007

My mentors

Wow, finally a night with no work to do. This won't happen often so let me take full advantage. For the orientation courses, I have three professors. One discusses statutory interpretation, the other discusses...well I don't know what he discusses, I'm still confused...something along the lines of synthesis of various cases, and the third professor discusses what to expect from law school such as the exams, time management, and how to be successful. Each one is interesting in his own way. One of them has some strange fetish about making jokes about bongs. Another is highly interested in throwing out random observations involving the debauchery and prostitution case. The last one...well he's a former Electrical Engineer that wasn't intrigued with scientific studies<--hey that sounds like someone else I know. What they all have in common is that each made it through law school and now their mission is to make my next three years a super pain in the rectum. This whole law thing is going to be a huge dedication. From what I've noticed however, I don't think it's as "difficult" as what they make it out to be. Maybe I'm wrong. It seems to me as if it's more of a lack of time to get all of this crap done issue. So to counter that, we'll turn you into a bunch of chronic smoking anorexics. The cigarette smoke floating around the law school entrance sets the fire alarms off at least 3 times a day. After decades of incoming students, they have yet to figure out that the smoke alarms actually work. Why do you need fire drills when you give the students 15 minutes in between classes? You think I'm joking? I've smoked 6 packs of second hand menthols this week. If I breathe, I get hazy. If I don't, I suffocate. No happy medium.

No comments: