Thursday, August 23, 2007

Jack & Coke please

I've opted to write a quick blurb before going to class since I'll be heading out of town as soon as I'm finished tonight. I'm second-guessing my choice of going to the live draft. Here is an excerpt from an email that I just received from the Student Bar Association:
...
Because you managed to survive the first week of law
school, SBA is kicking off the fall 2007 semester with
our first TGIF event, a Bar Review at the Gold Mine
Saloon in the French Quarter tomorrow night.

Food, beer, and sodas will be provided along with
$2 Flaming Dr. Peppers.
...

Once again, yet another drinking opportunity hosted by the law school. I'm beginning to think this must be the method of retention used by law professionals worldwide.

On another not-so-uplifting note, I still have yet to receive my financial aid. They must be a well endowed institution, because the Bursars office doesn't seem to care that I haven't paid yet. In talking with many others using financial aid, I've come to the conclusion that the Financial Aid Office is lacking in productivity. Then again, this is a form of HR isn't it? It's been 2.5 months since I started the application and I know they've had all of my materials at least a week before I arrived. Yet, two weeks in and they still haven't seemed to pull through. I've got bills to pay. Give me my money!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll bite, what is a Flaming Dr. Pepper?

In Debt I am said...

3/4 shot Amaretto, 1/4 151 on top, light a flame with a lighter in the shot glass using the 151 as the "fuel", drop the shot glass inside glass of beer, and chug. It tastes sort of like Dr. Pepper. It's one of those college kid things. It doesn't taste like beer, so you wouldn't enjoy it.