Thursday, August 30, 2007

Profiling keeps me from stealing

This case that I just read involves the invasion of privacy by the Wal-Mart greeters. Most of the greeters, as we all know, are a bunch of tard nuggets and/or extremely old senior citizens. In the case I read, the Wal-Mart greeter requested to see the receipt from a customer exiting the store. The greeter then conducted a search of the merchandise purchased. The customer sued Wal-Mart for invasion of privacy on the grounds that some very personal items were purchased and put on public display by the greeter as the bags were checked. The details here are not the primary reason for this post. Rather, given this background I'd like to discuss my latest experience with Wal-Mart.

Today, I went to Wal-Mart to purchase an ink cartridge for the printer. They of course had none in stock. So I thought to myself, let me go see if the have any drinks on sale. The Pepsi products were on sale so I grabbed a few 12-packs. After I paid for my 4 items, I proceeded to walk out of the exit. In front of me were some hoodlums with a cart full of electronics and, namely, a brand new computer. It was obvious, at least to me, that these chumps probably have never even used a computer. Yet, the greeter allowed them to pass. I, however, with 4 12-packs of "soda" was stopped. The dimwit greeter said, "Receipt please?" So naturally, as I'm known for, I threw a fit. I mumbled (and yes she heard me), "You mean to tell me that someone can walk out of this store with over 1000 dollars worth of electronics and you stop the guy with 10 bucks of merchandise in his hand?" That's b.s. She stated, "It's our job." I think Sammy Walton would be happier if you prevented the black market sell of brand new laptops. But then again, that's just my opinion. In analyzing this further, I came to the conclusion that I was being racially profiled. After all, this Wal-Mart is in the hood.

No comments: