Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Short == Sweet

Before I get started on this post, I must mention that I have over one hundred pages of reading assignments to do this evening. So yes, tonight really sucks. Some of the assignments are for Thursday's classes, but it's a must that I get them done tonight so that I allow for some much needed sleep tomorrow evening in preparation for my 6+ hour drive to the Fantasy Draft on Friday morning. More importantly, Black Beauty will be reentering my possession in good health this weekend. Wow, I'm gonna need a beer!

Now, a little about today's classes...Tonight was cut short by those chain smoking hippies from the liberal arts world. During the second class, the professor went around the room allowing us to introduce ourselves. We gave our name, where we're from, schools attended, undergraduate/graduate backgrounds, and the last book we read. Book? Who reads for enjoyment? I read because I'm required to do so. I don't have time for any other nonsense. We have an architect, a biologist, a M.D., and most importantly an electrical engineer in our section. It was amusing watching the jaws of the English and Business majors drop as we scientists revealed our studies. Just as the last person finished spewing his details, the fire alarm rang out. So, the professor said, "Ah just go home. See you on Thursday."

Remember that law school quote that I mentioned yesterday? Well, come to find out we don't need to wait until the third year for absolute boredom. We'll get a taste of that in 1st year Contracts. This guy is about...well he's just old. Someone mentioned before class, "My dad went to law school here and had this guy for Contracts in 1972." Sure enough, 15 minutes into the class and someone behind me was asking people for No Doz. Others were surfing MySpace and playing flash games on their laptops.

No comments: