Thursday, November 1, 2007

Day before Friday

Thursdays are good. Thursdays are bad. No more school until Monday, but now I have 3 days of grueling research and writing for my final Writing assignment accounting for 60% of my Legal Research & Writing grade. However, before diving into my weekend studies I must still complete a full day of work. Work + Law School = Major Sux0r. To anyone debating the option of going to law school, I highly suggest to not work. Go to school full time and get it over with. Bite the bullet, go further in debt, and just pray it pays off in the long run. They say you can work full time and go to school part time completing the degree in 4 years rather than 3. They're full of crap. They make very little mention of the fact that in going part time 2-3 of your summers will also be spent studying the law if you wish to graduate on time. Having to work and study every day, including the weekends, is mentally draining. I enjoy doing the work that I'm doing now, so I refuse to give it up. At the same time, it's 30 additional hours a week that could be spent studying. I rarely get more than 6 hours of sleep at night during the week. I'm able to catch up some on the weekends, but that just keeps me from getting the opportunity to go outdoors and catch a fresh breath of air. On a more uplifting note, they claim that after the first year you have more time available. If that's the case, then 1/2 of the 1 year Hell is nearly complete. Yippeeee!!!

No comments: