Sunday, November 4, 2007

Efficiency

I'm satisfied with my weekend production. Usually I get a lot of crap done over the weekend, but I always get into bed Sunday evenings telling myself: I coulda, shoulda, woulda (or however that saying goes) done a lot more, yet I was just too damn lazy. To my surprise, this weekend proved to be much different. I spent Friday night finishing up the majority of my research for my final paper. On Saturday, I plopped my fat caboose on the couch in front of a muted TV at ~11 a.m. and stayed put for the majority of the day. I suffered 3rd degree burns on my legs from uninterrupted usage of this energy inefficient laptop. However, in doing so I managed to get half of my final paper finished. Carrying the energy of self-satisfaction into Sunday, I commenced to partake in the same routine. Around noon or so, I again refrained from any physical activities and instead grabbed a beer and started in on my studies. Other than grabbing a quick bite to eat in the late afternoon, I was able to stay on the couch throughout the day and get all of my reading done for this coming week. Finishing this week's readings today was essential. It allows me to concentrate on finishing my paper over the next few days and will allow me to devote the remainder of the semester to the three classes in which I have final exams to take. Instead of wasting any more time writing this post, I think I'll stop to get some quality rest tonight. Then again, if I go to bed now, I may just continue to question myself as to whether I 'coulda' done more.

No comments: