Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dreaming about the law

I read so much about the law that I now dream it. Most people have fantasies fulfilled or nightmares experienced during their sleep. I used to be one of those people. Now I dream about the law. I wake up in the middle of the night hearing some drunk fools stumbling home from the Pub next door and all I can think about is particular articles contained in the Civil Code. Was this a breach, was that a breach? Did the possessor acquire the land in good faith with the intent to possess as owner? It's law 24-7. I even catch myself reading material online and saying, "What? That's a Tort. Let me think about he'd win this case." Battery, Assault, Possession, Acquisitive Prescription, Breach, Statute of Frauds...It's all pounding in my head and I can't seem to get away. My blood pressure is on the rise, my temper has reached an all time high, my nervousness is getting worse...It must be close to finals. I've thumbed through my books so much that they look like I tossed them in a river and fed em to hungry bears. At least my dreams about the law reassure me that I'm actually absorbing the material.

No comments: