Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish

Normally I would discuss law school, but today we're going to diverge from such discussions. Apparently there is the threat of this latest hurricane hitting New Orleans. Most people say, "Ah, not again." I say, "Where in the heck is the party? And how many days will I get off from school due to this?" Think about the priorities, people. I'll be optimistic and pray that I won't have to swim home. I'm not worried about flooding, I'm on the second floor. I'm worried about the thugs coming to jack my things. I guess I'll pack everything including my tv. The evacuation notice hasn't been issued yet, but we're supposed to get one by Friday if the storm is still coming this way. Maybe I'll engineer some mickey-moused device to catch live footage as the storm rolls through. Don't get your hopes up though...I may be an engineer (or better yet, a washed-up-has-been engineer), but I have problems getting my stupid cell phone to function the way I want; much less a battery-operated live feed.

Now...time to attend free pint glass night...gotta go.

No comments: