Monday, August 25, 2008

The buffet

I haven't really read any interesting cases as of late...at least not in the comical sense. So I have no amusing commentary regarding random case law. Most of the crap that I've been reading involves Constitutional law and other random crap like that. I've been reading several 2nd Amendment cases regarding who has the right to bear arms and whether the state or federal governments can restrict that right. And if so, to what extent. The cases seem interesting but most of it boils down to a battle between the NRA and Mothers Against Guns and Beer. Until I stumble across some interesting topics worthy of my analysis, I'll just ramble on about some other kind of nonsense related to law school.

Take for instance, the meter maids. They stroll around the city equipped with their ticket pads and chalk with the untouchable dream of possibly becoming a real cop one day. These ladies are 350 lbs of pure KFC crispy fried chicken. Now that doesn't mean that they can't whip your tail in a wrestling match; it just means they can't beat you in a 100 yard dash. I wouldn't screw with them if I were you. They mark your vehicle and waddle back two hours later to laugh, giggle, fart, and then write you a ticket. It's the ideal job if you think about it...okay so maybe not. Why should I be able to make fun of them? I don't even have a job anymore.

2 comments:

In Debt I am said...

Sure thing. I'll greet him with open arms...beer(s) in hand. The bad thing is now I have to pack up my crap. The good thing is that this hurricane will give me a few days off from school. I hope they fixed the levees.

In Debt I am said...

I'd view it as a very long vacation...of course with no cash to burn.

They'll probably do the same thing that they did for Katrina...send everyone to University of Houston College of Law (professors included) to finish out the semester. In addition, many universities accepted a limited number of students with visiting status allowing them to finish out the year there. The schools then transferred the grades. Hey, maybe this is my ticket into Harvard Law School.

Playing the probability game, it's unlikely to hit here. We all know the weather man can't predict the rain, much less a hurricane.

I'm sure the hippies are liking this. One last chance to blame Bush for something damaging to the environment/economy. I'm sure they'll claim that this is his strategy to increase gas prices two-fold.