Thursday, August 21, 2008

Snoozing is a loozing

It absolutely annoys the piss out of me when my wonderful plans of getting some much needed sleep go right down the shit tube. Every day this week has been a long day and an even longer evening. Of course last night was my fault since we wandered down the road grab a few beers and a cheeseburger (as you can tell I'm trying watch that carb intake). The plan for today was as follows: Go to class, get some grub, finish my reading for tomorrow, and then finish applying for jobs for next summer. The first two goals were a piece of cake. The reading...well that's a long story...we'll get back to that in a second. Now about those jobs...

Midnight tonight is the deadline for applying for upcoming on-campus interviews for summer jobs next year (yes I said next year). To increase my chances of getting selected for interviews with each firm, I decided to write cover letters for each and every one of them (and no it's not as simple as copy-and-paste). I applied for interviews with 18 different firms. Cover letters aren't required (some recommend them), but I thought...what the hell, it can't hurt. That started...let's say...oh...6ish...and I'm just now finishing at 10:30ish. There goes my plans for some much needed shut-eye. Back to the studying...

We have this new case handed down this year by the Supreme Court that we're supposed to read for Con Law. It's an 86 page opinion. Oh, how wonderful that crap is! Then, today I get this email from my professor that made me happy:
Dear class: The 2008 supplement for our case book is now available in our bookstore. The case that everyone is complaining about having to read is excerpted in the supplement. The excerpted version is all you need to read. It's much shorter.
Well guess what. She was wrong. The bookstore didn't have it in yet. Go figure. So before going to bed I have 86 pages of hell to read and then another 15 pages for another class. Being that it's 11 p.m. now, I guess I better get started. Why oh why can I not just catch some ZzzZzz's?

No comments: