Saturday, December 1, 2007

Status Yo

Want some updates? Well here ya go. I've been working my tail off trying to prepare for this whole law school exam thing. The material is rather easy to comprehend, it's just that everything is so questionable. Nothing is ever certain. The law school stress that people talk about comes from the mass amount of preparation needed for finals. I wish it were like normal school where you get graded based on how well you do. Instead, it's how well you do against the other jokers. I know I repeat myself often on this topic, but I just can't stress how important it is.

What about me? I've been concentrating primarily on my first two exams as of late...and trying not to get mugged. There's been a lot of purse snatching in the news lately. Luckily, I don't carry a purse, only a backpack. I bet criminal defense attorney's enjoy the holiday season in this city.

I took a practice exam for Contracts and did pretty damn well compared to the model answer provided. I'm happy about that, but I still need to take a few more exams and brush through my outline a few more times. Luckily, or maybe not, it's my second final.

My first final is Torts. I wish it were last since it seems to be the most straight forward (if that's possible). I've studied a lot for Torts and I'm about 80% done studying. I'll be taking some practice exams for Torts tomorrow. I'll fill you in later.

My last exam is Property. It's the only Civil Law course that I have this semester. I started studying for it first, but have abandoned it somewhat to concentrate on the other two courses. I'm relying on the fact that we have an additional weekend to prepare for it. I want to knock out studying for Torts and Contracts before I revisit Property. I veered away from the 3-2-1 study plan. It worked well in the beginning (and I'm sure I'll reuse it next semester), but now I'm more concerned with refining my knowledge for next week's exams.

It seems I'm blabbering in this post. So I'll quit before I get further behind. Off to study for a couple more hours before hitting the sack. I'll keep you up to date.

No comments: