Sunday, January 13, 2008

Your Honor

My biggest fear is here (Wow! I rhyme. I put Poe to shame.). Moot Court has arrived. I've been informed that Moot Court isn't a required course at most schools, but of course I found a way to screw myself and land at a school that requires it. I'm not the greatest public speaker, especially having to get up in front of people that love to hear themselves talk...other future attorneys. I guess I'll manage. Our first assignment is in two days. It's only a 90 second personal introduction, but knowing that 40% of my grade depends on my ability to argue for 10 minutes in front of the entire class (and a panel of 6 judges) at the end of the semester makes me shake. The biggest kicker is that we can't really memorize a speech. We're supposed to be on our toes and direct the oral arguments on the fly as needed. This is going to be a disaster.

No comments: