Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The School Bus Has Arrived

Well, I'm back in school. I didn't realize just how much I missed it until I approached the main entrance of the law school and noticed a sign saying: "First Bar Review of Spring 2008...Details: Free Beer, Drinks, and Food." After making it through the first semester, I've finally realized why the SBA has these Bar Review events. It's not to mix and mingle with your peers. It's not to train you to drink like an attorney. It's their way of making sure they rank higher than you by getting you smashed before the semester kicks in high gear. Think about it...The SBA members are politicians-in-training. They're supposed to be crooked. It's a clever approach, but I've figured these folks out. However, that doesn't mean I'll be skipping a free beer session. Count me in. I'm battle tested and ready to go.

I guess now would be a good time to discuss my performance during the first semester. I was content with my grades, but not exactly ecstatic. I was hoping for a few A's. That didn't happen, but it's safe to say I'm currently positioned in the upper echelon. To make law review, you need to be in the top 10%. Our actual rankings don't come out until after the Spring semester comes to a close. Based on the rankings from last year, my Fall GPA gets me in. Now I must secure my position with another strong semester. Cheers! Here's to another 3 months of Hell.

No comments: