Monday, September 3, 2007

Pick your poison

Drink a little, sleep a little, study a lot. That describes my weekend life. The weekends now suck. The professors use the weekend to pour on additional assignments. They firmly believe that weekends in law school shall be used to study the law. Did I think law school was going to be easy? No, but I thought I'd still have a social life. The substance of the material is not at all difficult other than looking up of every sixth word in the legal dictionary. The big issue is TIME. There exists not enough time in the day to perfect the study of law. If you throw work during the week into the equation, it breaks down like this: TIME - WORK = LESS TIME. I envy those who can afford to devote the whole week to the study of law. This weekend was the opening weekend for college football. Of the 16,734 games played, I saw one in its entirety. And that's only because it was played during the late night "Drink a little" phase. The rest of the weekend was devoted to "study a lot." Now that it's getting late, I think you can conclude which phase comes next. Zzz Zzz Zzz!!!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

So does that mean that you are also getting a doctorate in time management at the end? :)

In Debt I am said...

Yes, it means PhD in "How the world keeps on ticking as you are ignorant to life around you."