Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pushing buttons makes a difference

I intended to post this blog a month or so ago but I apparently forgot to click the "Publish Post" button. It was just some random thoughts tossed together to form a post. Calling people names and all those other enjoyable things that I do behind the scenes:

I'm going to use this opportunity to discuss 1L's. I have the right to bash them now that I'm no longer one of them. They're douche bags. I was never a douche bag, but these ones are. Maybe I'm being too harsh. Okay, they're not really douche bags...I just couldn't think of a better term that was as entertaining without the negativity. They're just recent college grads with no real life experience under their belts. Me...I had already had a job. In addition, I had already used more than 9 lives prior to law school providing me some real-life experiences to expand upon (falling out of the back of the bus on the interstate, looking into the eyes of an 80-year old cracked out hag going down the wrong way on the interstate, and of course surviving my 21st birthday...just to name a select few).

After switching to the common law program, I now have a lot of classes with kids from other states. When these folks heard a hurricane was coming, they started to scramble and worry about what to do. Chill, grab a beer, air up an inner-tube, and use this opportunity to feel like you're at a water park. Even with my logic, there exists one flaw. Most water parks don't pose the risk of float-by shootings. Then again, most water slides don't trek through the ghetto either.

Now, you may be wondering why I randomly decided to call these folks names. Mainly it's because I have nothing better to do with my spare time. More importantly, however, is that it's amazing to listen to the level of maturity between these kids and the evening division. Sometimes while I sit in class and listen to these folks, I'm thinking to myself, "When in the world is the bell going ring? Don't we have a pep rally to go to?" It's really that bad. I'm not exaggerating. I know who screwed who, who called who a bad word, and who got sent to the principal's office. It's like watching a soap opera unfold right before my eyes. I'm beginning to think this is the Hollywood School of Law.

The moral of the post is (not that there really is one): It's better to no longer be a newbie.

No comments: