Friday, December 5, 2008

Undergrads and libraries

For those of you that don't know, I prefer to bury myself in the corner of the undergraduate library while studying for Finals. It allows me to avoid the contagiousness of the law school stress that seems to float in the air at the law library. The undergraduates aren't any less mature than most law students...they just haven't learned the methods of studying at the bar with a beer. Actually, yes they are less mature and let me explain why.

I'm sitting in the library trying to push aside some of that engineering knowledge to fit in a few extra legalese terms. I start to smell something. Who in the hell has pizza delivered to the "Quiet, no food, no drinks." section of the library? Did someone forget to read the sign? Or are you still attempting to pass remedial literature? Actually, how in the hell does the pizza man sneak in that big red bag without being chased out by those bitchy librarians? Does the Bud man deliver kegs of beer? If so, I'm never leaving the library again.

I never saw the Bud man make a delivery there, but a few of the kids obviously stowed away some hooch somewhere. Either that, or the library is Chris Rock's new champagne room. Apparently the cool kids nowadays go to the library to practice baby-making. Or at least that's where they make a few dry runs. While I was sitting there trying to study, I look up and notice some random girl straddling a guy in a chair. Last time I checked, Bourbon Street was a couple miles down the road. If you want to participate in live sex shows, take your ass down to where all the other freaks hang out. I'm trying to study...dammit.

With that being said, Final #2 is officially in the books. 3 to go, and then we head to the bar. Yippee!!!

No comments: