Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Study break time

Since I'm in the middle of a study break, I figured I would share some of my humorous thoughts about Constitutional law. Con law primarily covers the judicial interpretation of the Constitution through the eyes of the 9 Supreme Court Justices (Scalia is my idol...his famous quote that I live by, "Well, that's my view, and it happens to be correct."). Issues in Con Law range from the home growth of medical marijuana for personal use, who has the right to keep and bear arms, discrimination (whether it be against race, gender, or general retards), and many other exciting topics. You don't have to memorize the Constitution to be successful in the class. You just have to know how to interpret and apply it to the case at hand...which I guess in some ways, that's close to having to memorize substantial parts of the Constitution. Nonetheless, memorization is not near as important as interpretation.

One of the big issues that just got handed down by the Supreme Court was the D.C. gun ban. Is it a violation of the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms? It was a 5-4 decision that basically leaves a somewhat comfortable feeling with gun toting rednecks...you can still have your guns, so don't get your panties in a wad just yet. I say just yet for a reason. It was a 5-4 decision. This means your dear President-elect may nominate some liberal wienie to the bench during his tenure as President. If that happens and another gun control case comes along, it's likely that your right to bear arms may be substantially affected. You wanted to level the playing field...well there you go...everyone will one day be required to fight with their fists. No more Uzi versus slingshot battles. Instead it's back to bare knuckles. A little ridiculous? Maybe, but I didn't vote for him...you did.

On a lighter note, another big issue is the medicinal usage of marijuana. If you love to smoke pot, then the liberal wienies taking over the bench may be a good thing for you. Get yourself a doctor's note and prepare to make your grand appearance at Woodstock '09. Don't get too excited though. I don't think LSD, crack, and meth have been proven useful in many medicinal applications...at least not yet.

Now how about discrimination and leveling the playing field for those disadvantaged in years past? Well, your tax dollar at work should prove to make the rich poorer and poor richer. Isn't that the reason you voted him in? So you could smooch off those that are successful and busted ass to get where they are? Take a back seat to government control sweetheart. Freedom? Hah, that's what you thought. Consider this your dream come true.

Ok, I'll back-pocket my political views for now. I'm sure I've stirred up a little emotion amongst those liberal whack-jobs. My apologies...well not really. I told you I can get a bit agitated and pissy during Finals' season.

No comments: