Monday, December 8, 2008

Cream of the crop

3 finals left. After that, the pains of law school get put on the back burner for a month. I tend to get somewhat agitated and bitchy during these times. Toss in the stress, mix it with water and caffeine as opposed to beer, and out pops the not-so-fun version of me. I'd hate for someone to attempt to mug me in this roach infested city during these times, because I'd probably wind up with a few bullet wounds. Stress pumps me up. I already know that I'm the best. But stress...that just makes me realize my greatness even more. For any of those classy New Orleans thugs thinking of mugging me during these times, you will promptly receive a swift kick to the balls. If that doesn't do the trick, then expect a second kick. Get the point? Leave me the hell alone. Sorry, got a little excited there...back to the stress discussion. Pressure to perform is, hands down, the best feeling in the world. Maybe it's the soon-to-be attorney in me, but when I enter the examination room...I seek to destroy. After all, that's the whole concept of law school. It's not about whether you can perform well on an exam, it's about outperforming the competition. Those who are the creme de la creme get the lush big firm jobs. The ones at the bottom of the rankings become criminal defense and family law attorneys. There is no way in hell you will ever catch me drafting divorce papers or bailing out some reject from jail.

No comments: