Monday, December 8, 2008

Ball busting

Fortunately this is the last week of finals. Unfortunately I still have a sub/cite article for the law journal that needs to be completed by the 15th. If I bust my balls, it can be done in just a few hours. But like I said, that's if I bust my balls. We all know that won't happen, because as soon as that last final is in the books, I'm off to the bar to erase any knowledge that I may have gained over the previous semester. The mind is sort of like a chalk board...what good is it if you can't erase mistakes?

For some reason, I picture Bourbon Street in my near future. I see myself carrying hand grenades, hurricanes, and jugs of Guinness...oh Joy! Maybe I'll get up on stage and karaoke me some Merle Haggard. Maybe I'll go shake my ass with the rest of the hippies at a zydeco punk bar. Maybe I'll go visit the palm readers and tell them they're full of crap. Maybe I'll join a Jazz band. Maybe I'll take a swim in the Mighty Mississippi. Maybe I'm just so damn excited that finals are about to be over. Maybe I should get back to studying before I resort to paradise prematurely.

No comments: