Monday, March 31, 2008

A pro-bono opportunity

So let me tell you about my close encounter with the thug kind...



I was busy discussing school related stuff with a couple of fellow class mates after class last week. The law school was totally empty. As I was leaving out the front door of the law school, I headed for the steps. As I got to the bottom of the steps, I noticed out of the corner of my eye a thuggish looking punk within a few feet from me. Something in my mind said "Whoa?! This dude doesn't go to school here. I better wait a few minutes before walking to the truck." After noticing that I was the only student within sight, I headed back up the steps back towards the door. Then, Fubu-boy, decked out in his bling-bling with gold teeth, mumbled something under his breath as he brushed by.

He said, "Yo, I know you's folks got some records up there in the library."
I said, "Huh?"
He said, "Man I just got outta jail and I'm looking for my Mom's. I bet you can tell me where she lives."
I said, "Ummm. Nah dude, don't know what you're talking about."
He said, "Man, you ain't gotta be scared that I'm gonna rob you just cause I'm black. I wasn't in jail for nothing important. I just used to sell drugs. You know...stupid things like that. I ain't stupid. I know you got security out here looking out. I ain't packing no heat. I just want some help."
I said, "Well, I can't help ya."
He said, "Come here man. I just need some change. I don't have nothing after getting out of jail."

So I turned around and just walked inside. He mumbled a few other things after repeated failed attempts of conning me out of some change. I found a ride to my truck just in case he was hiding somewhere in the bushes waiting for me to walk by. So here is my analysis. Someone that tells you right up front that they need help because they just got out of jail is probably up to no good. Especially in a city where muggings occur on an hourly basis. And then to go on to say that you aren't packing heat? They didn't grant me admission to law school for being a retard. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what the hell that guy was about to do. Luckily his balls didn't hang low enough for him to be willing to follow me into the school.

No comments: