Tuesday, March 25, 2008

May it please the court...

Since turning in the brief last week, it's been sort of lazy-go. I'm out of energy and I don't feel like doing crap. My drive for this semester has been expended. Hopefully I'll find a way to tap into the reserve to push through for one more month. My final oral argument is Saturday morning. Yeah, I know...Saturday. Sucks, eh? I could protest the scheduling of the argument, but it's probably not the brightest idea being that they're the ones providing the final grade. Luckily, all of the content for the oral argument is fresh on my mind from writing the brief. However, they found a way to toss up a curve ball. For the brief, I was assigned to argue on behalf of the appellant. Now, with a week to spare I'm forced to turn it around and argue for the appellee. There goes an entire semester's worth of research for my client. There's not enough time to research additional cases in support of my new stance on the issue. Instead I must rely on my ability to exploit my weaknesses from my original argument. Sometimes law school is exciting. Sometimes it just sucks. Right now...it just sucks. Come Saturday around noon...I get to enjoy life for the weekend before buckling down in preparation for finals.

No comments: