Wednesday, October 10, 2007

No lecture today

Sorry, but I have no lecture to deliver this evening. I took a practice exam this evening in Property. The professor, from Germany (a Civil Law country), is a very intelligent and rather sincere dude. He understands that the rigors of law school are monumental. He attempts to be a "student's professor" in the sense that he tries to build relationships with each student and in doing so tries to take it slow to make sure we grasp all of the concepts before moving ahead. I'm not quite sure if I like this approach though. It may sound stupid, but I'd prefer some hard knock prof's that are going to drill me during the first year so that I'm well prepared for future classes. On the other hand, it's relaxing to know that we're not going to be drilled in his class. One of the great things the law school provides is all past exams from previous semesters are available in the law library. We are allowed to copy these exams to use as study aids. Since our Property professor is new to the university, we don't have any dirt on him. That kind of sucks. How are we going to know what his exams are like? Luckily, this guy gave us an ungraded practice exam to take this evening. Although it was tough, it seemed much easier than what I expected. Hopefully, the final is of the same format. Excuse the lack of humor tonight, my mind has been drained of fuel due to the paper I just turned in as well as the practice exam that I just took. Maybe tomorrow's post will be more exciting.

No comments: