Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Update

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm still busting my balls studying. I feel like a slave to the law, or at least to the practice of it. I don't have time to put much thought into this post since my energy is running on "E" at the moment and I think I'm about to crash for the night. Two more days remain until those treacherous law school exams are smacking me in the face again. Like I've mentioned before, I sort of feed off of this stress. Call me a tool, but I enjoy this crap. I'll leave with the mention of a funny case that I just reviewed, involving a supposed design defect.

Some dude dove off the roof of a neighbor's house into an above-ground pool with a water depth of 4 feet. Call me not-so-adventurous, but this sounds like a complete idiot. Anyway, he obviously suffered severe head injuries and sought to sue the manufacturer of the pool. He claimed that the pool's floor liner design was defective since it consisted of slippery vinyl. He claimed the vinyl caused his arms to spread at impact with the floor and therefore contributed significantly to his head injuries. The manufacturer claimed that the design was actually a safety measure by which it prevents a direct impact with the floor in allowing the body to slide to avoid serious head injuries. Basically, the court remanded the case for a new trial to determine the risk versus the utility of such pools...so-to-speak.

No comments: