Friday, September 12, 2008

Priorities first

It's been a week or so since the last post, but I've been really busy making up work due to missed classes caused by Mr. Gustav and his unwelcomed visit to the Gulf Coast. In addition to all of the catching up, I've had to prepare for my three interviews this week with various law firms. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't be posting anything this morning. However, I just got notification that classes for today have been cancelled due to the winds and flooding being caused by Ike. The hurricane isn't hitting here but it is causing a lot of wind and rain. And we all know it only takes three drunk guys taking a leak in the street to flood the whole city. Of course they wait for me to get to school to tell me that classes are cancelled, but it is what it is. Normally, I'd jump for joy and go grab a beer; but it's only 8:30 a.m. (not that the bars aren't open) and I have an interview later this afternoon. So, I guess I'll stay at school until my interview. Maybe I'll apply for more jobs. Speaking of jobs...during one of my interviews, an attorney asked me what I liked to do for fun in my spare time. I named several things and then I asked what kind of activities they do with their summer associates. He said, "Well, we do various things such as attend sporting events, cocktail parties...and of course sometimes we just hang around the office and drink." Anyone who says that these people in this profession don't have things figured out is full of crap. They know priorities.

No comments: