Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tis the season!!!

Not Christmas, not New Year's, not the goat festival...the heart of Carnival season has arrived. The 2009 Mardi Gras parades start rolling through my neck of the woods beginning this Friday. It's that magical time of year where people from all around the world come together in my city to share beads, boobies, booze, and more. The great thing about Mardi Gras is that it is, in effect, our Spring Break for law school. I guess they assume we won't be completely sober for classes...which is probably a valid assumption. To kick the festivities off just right, I have a brand new keg-o-rater. That means my residence will act as the official bar (for my own consumption that is). I'm sure I'll have some interesting observations about this year's festivities as they kick into full gear. So stay tuned.

No comments: